October 28, 2017
Start location: Five Points Washington
City/State: Washington, IL
Start time: 8:00 am Distances & Categories:
WHO: OSF Healthcare, Professional Therapy Services, and Rock Valley Physical Therapy
- 5K Run- a 3.1 mile, fairly flat course starting and ending at Five Points with a water station near the half-way point; a course map will be included in the race packet
- 1 Mile Fun Walk- shorter distances (1/8 mile increments) will be marked for those that may not be able to walk the entire distance
- Ghost Race- offered for those wishing to support yet not able to attend/ will receive the official race tee
WHEN: Saturday, October 28th at 8:00 AM for the 5K run and 9:15 AM for the 1 mile walk/ run
WHERE: Washington Five Points, 360 N. Wilmor Road, Washington, IL
WHY: To commemorate National Physical Therapy Month, Washington area therapy clinics would like to raise awareness and encourage the local community to make the commitment to be physically active. Proceeds will directly benefit the Washington Community by funding a reading initiative targeted at elementary students.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Every race needs a villain, and this race is no exception. Be one of the first 100 individuals to beat “The Hobbler” across the finish line in the 5K and win a special Halloween Hobble themed prize. At the post race party, there will be activities for the children and a 50/50 drawing for the adults.
- Costumes encouraged with awards given for best adult costume and best youth costume/ costume judging will run from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM
- Race fees: 5K Race $30, 1 Mile Fun Walk $20, Ghost Runner $30; there will be a $5.00 increase in race prices (5K Run, 1 Mile Walk/Run, and Ghost Race) at midnight on October 1st
- Features: Chip timing, race tee, and post-race party including DJ and refreshments
- Race tee: Short-sleeved tee (youth sizes XS-L and unisex sizes S-2XL); register by October 1st to guarantee shirt and size/ remaining shirts will be first come, first serve
- Awards: Overall male winner and overall female winner along with first place awards in both men’s and women’s age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, and 70 and over
- Registration on-line at www.halloweenhobble.com; visit web site for packet pick-up info
- For additional race information, please contact Amy Johnson at Rock Valley Physical Therapy at 444-1030
DisclaimerNotice: Fat at the Finish is a free race listing website serving the Central Illinois area. We are not the organizers or race directors of ANY event. Any questions or concerns regarding the races listed on this website should be directed towards the organizers of the race, of which the contact information can be found at the race's official website or contact information may be listed on this website. Fat at the Finish Central Illinois races information is subject to change. Please verify all race dates, times, locations, prices, etc. with the official race website, flier or race director. If you would like to promote a central Illinois race on this website, please Submit a Race or email firstname.lastname@example.org.